Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Best of What's Around - 2008

December 30th, 2008
Tuesday Morning - 7:30 AM

Now for something completely different....

When I started this blog I promised that I would discuss - family, the arts and anything that came to my mind on that specific day. Due to circumstances outside of my control, this blog has had a much more auspicious beginning then I would have imagined. Things happen, life comes and life goes, and some times it makes you stop, take a breath, regroup and focus. Deaths unforgiving touch can play with many a mans mind and emotions. Hence, why "I May Not Always Love You" started off on a darker path.

Well, I am here to try and change all of that. In about 11 hours I am boarding a plane in Newark heading for Barcelona, to celebrate my wife's 40th Birthday and to ring in the New Year with style. Taking the red eye, first class, with my new Bose headphones, my iPod and this new end of the year collection of my favorite songs from 2008. See, every year I put together a little year end mix for family and friends. These tracks probably aren't the best song of the past year, but for me they are the tracks that resonated the most with me. They represent a certain time, or taste, or touch, or moment that stuck with me all through out the year.

So from me to you, here is my annual "The Best of What's Around - 2008" song list for you to download and share. Happy New Years everyone, let's make it better then the last.



Tracks:
1) You Can Do Better Then Me - Death Cab For Cutie
2) Sequestered In Memphis - The Hold Steady
3) Don't Hear A Single - The Major Labels
4) The World We Live In - The Killers
5) Viva La Vida - Coldplay
6) American Boy (featuring Kanye West) - Estelle
7) I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
8) The Weight of Her - Butch Walker
9) Without You - The Feeling
10) White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes
11) On Your Birthday - Jim Boggia
12) Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? - She & Him
13) Great DJ - The Ting Tings
14) Beautiful Beat - Nada Surf
15) Crack the Shutters - Snow Patrol
16) Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
17) Something Is Not Right With Me - Cold War Kids
18) Wilco The Song - Wilco
19) Heaven - The Swimmers
20) Free Coffee - Ben Folds
21) How the Day Sounds - Greg Laswell
22) Make You Feel My Love - ADELE
23) Yes We Can - will.i.am

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brendan & Family! Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself in this blog; I enjoy reading all the feelings, moods, moments, sorrows and joy. Your Uncle and Dad have much to be proud of. Love Pegs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a killer collection, you should join a mix club and swap them with other DJ's online!

    ReplyDelete